Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
June 15, 2019, 07:36:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
fluffwelcome      fluffwelcome

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harry's post-surgery vet visits & updates  (Read 22860 times)
marilyn
GURU

mummys gawjus puppys

« on: June 22, 2010, 01:22:12 PM »

Thank You Del Harry's doing good although we had to go back to see the vet this afternoon Doh

He is bleeding profusley from the new opening, so much so I have to ''dunk'' him in the sink to clean him up.

The vet has switched his antiboitic therapy in the hope that this may help.It may be he has been on the wrong antibotics ..we'll see.

He's now wearing babies nappies for the moment whistling with a hole cut for his tail

(OMG didn't realise there were so many nappies on the market Doh changed days whistling )

Marilyn  bouquet

Carol
Keep Smiling :)
G.O.D.

Angels without wings are called Friends.

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 01:33:13 PM »

Poor Harry.  No Does it never end?
(No need to post pics of the fluffer in nappies, your description did it for me  Laugh Hysterical)

marilyn
GURU

mummys gawjus puppys

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 01:42:19 PM »

I'm at my wits end Carol sad  frustrated frustrated frustrated

Wee soul he's ok tho,if it's still like this tomorrow ...back to the vet again.

Marilyn  bouquet
Princess Lucy Loulou
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 01:50:30 PM »

Poor wee guy, he's certainly having it rough  sad I hope the new antibiotics work  nodding give him big huggles form us   Hug and Lucy & Boo send lots of   Stick Out Tongue
marilyn
GURU

mummys gawjus puppys

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 03:59:27 AM »

thanks Tina .............here's hoping things improve

Marilyn xox
nzbyrd
G.O.D.

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 05:49:04 AM »

Poor Harry, poor you. I hope he's feeling better soon, and its not causing you too much stress. How is he coping with the nappy? Does he mind? or does he seem to know its for the best.

Susan J
G.O.D.

Missy is a 10 year old Texan

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 10:14:27 AM »

I just hate to think of Mr. Harry not being 100% himself.   sad  I hope the new antibiotics do the trick and he is back in full health soon. 

Thanks Del
Angels_ Mom_ Ann-Marie
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 11:52:26 AM »

Poor man....  comfort  hopefully the new antibiotic will do the trick (who/how/why was he on the "wrong" one?)!  Can you put some cortisone cream/spray on it to take the itchies away??   Hug Kiss to the both of you.....

sorcerer<casting a spell on this thread to be FINISHED already and Mr H HEALED!>
Carol
Keep Smiling :)
G.O.D.

Angels without wings are called Friends.

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 12:26:07 PM »

How is Harry's HooHoo today??  comfort Is he getting used to the nappies? Ozzie would have those shredded in no time, I'm afraid.  hyper

Alison
Super G.O.D.

Abby ( South Wales )

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 02:56:42 PM »

Poor thing,both of you are having such a rotten time.Is he any better today? The nappies are a good idea.Alison

kate1064
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 03:08:18 PM »

Poor Harry ended up at the vets again today  sad
I'm sure Marilyn will be on with the update soon, he was still leaking blood after peeing. Vet checked him and he's okay but he saw himself the amount of blood. Harry got a spa bath this afternoon  original
Stitches are coming out tomorrow  thumbup
Alison
Super G.O.D.

Abby ( South Wales )

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 03:45:07 PM »

Thanks for the update Kate.Alison

Princess Lucy Loulou
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 03:53:46 PM »

Poor Harry he's been trough the mill bless him,  Crying he looked so cute when I saw him today in his wee nappy though  Wub
marilyn
GURU

mummys gawjus puppys

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2010, 04:18:08 PM »

What a day frustrated frustrated... he has been bleeding profusley again which meant
another visit to the vet,he passed a catheter and the urine flowed then.........the bleeding started it was like a massacre all over the table.The vet seems to be under the impression that the bleeding is coming form further up the wound,which he did say was very vascular.He also noted round the opening was more bruised than yesterday,maybe once the antibiotics kick in things will improve!!!

Tomorrow we go back to get the abdominal sutures removed

We came home and Harry had a big spa bath with loads of salt in it,I had been using milton, just a few drops in a sink full of water,now I think I'll stick with the big bath....which is much easier as I can get his legs washed and Harry loves a bath,he just sits and enjoys..thank gawd.

Mean while were still using the big boy nappies,they have been a god send

Marilyn  frustrated frustrated
nzbyrd
G.O.D.

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 04:27:43 PM »

That sucks Marilyn, but I'm glad the vet has seen how bad the issue is for himself. I'm glad Harry enjoyed his bath and I'm sure the salt will be healing for him comfort can you please pass on a gentle hug for Harry? and a more vigorous one for Poppy, oh, and while you're at it, theres one for you too Hug

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: