Bichon.ca - Bichon Frise Community
June 16, 2019, 11:36:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
fluffwelcome      fluffwelcome

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We've lost her  (Read 13804 times)
Kristen363
NOVICE

Bichon.ca

« on: June 17, 2010, 08:36:27 AM »

I havent been around much I know but I wanted to let you all know that last Wednesday June 9th 2010, I woke up and Sophia wasnt feeling well....she wouldnt eat and had thrown up once.  I tried giving her a treat she wouldnt eat it...I made her scrambled eggs...she wouldnt eat those.  I asked Caitlin (daughter) to give her some canned food a little later and I was calling the vet and bringing her "tomorrow" I held Sophia and told her she was beutiful and I loved her and Caity is going to brush you so you look nice for the doctor...he'll fix you right up and you'll feel better... This was about 8:30 am  I went to work and about 11 Caitlin phoned me in a panic telling me she got out of the shower and Sophia wasnt breathing. I told her to take her to the vet and I'd meet her thete...she called me a few minutes later saying 'Mom, you dont understand...she's gone"  I did understand....but I didnt know what else to say....I went home and Caitlin had her wrapped in a towel lying on her bed.  I went in and held her and told her how much I love her...and how I just didnt know she was that sick...I seriously thought she had another ear infection and needed stronger meds.....
  Sophia was just 10 1/2 years old....we had her 4 years TO THE DAY.  The first 6 years of her life she was loved but not cared for the way she should have been.  In fact when we brought her home...she hadnt been to a vet since she was 6 months old and spayed.  My vet told me at the time he thought barring cancer we'd have another 6 years with her...I remember him telling me this and thinking he doesnt know Bichons live well into their teens.....maybe he knew more than I realized.
  So we are all heartbroken. Sophia is buried in the yard and so missed. The other dogs are missing her as well...and there is a HUGE hole in our hearts and lives...it's so odd not to have her whinning to get to me, not to count her when I count, not to give her a  treat...so many little ways she touched my heart throughout a day without me even realizing it...and I miss her so much....

Kristen

Kristen
Luana
New Hampshire
EXPERT

Bichon.ca

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 08:43:09 AM »

Oh Kristen, my heart goes out to you and your family.  I know all too well, how you are feeling. Hugs to you and your family.

Thank you Del, love it.
Terri
Fake Pretend Sea Captain
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 09:56:15 AM »

Oh Kristen, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry Caitlin had to find her, I'm sorry you have to go on without Sophia.  Crying

Try to concentrate on the wonderful life and love you gave to her, and how she's over the Rainbow Bridge now, romping and playing.

Sophia is fine, it's all us who remain that I feel sorry for. comfort

Angels_ Mom_ Ann-Marie
ENTHUSIAST

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 10:26:48 AM »

Dearest Kristen and Caitlin.... please accept our deepest sympathies for your loss.  Though we didn't have the pleasure of getting to know you well, we share the common bond of Bichon Love.  I share your pain as I was present for my Frizzy's passing and it was both comforting and gut wrenching.  It is a heartbreak beyond understanding... dealing with their passing.  They are Spirits in a unique way and our Souls know it on a deeper level. Take solace in the knowing that YOU were her life, you gave her everything good and all the loving she had ever known!  Though she left this plane way too soon, she is only on the next one, at Rainbow Bridge awaiting your arrival when you'll be reunited to continue on.  May each day's passing soften the pain and may all the beautiful memories flood your days!  Holding you in loving thought and prayer.....

comfort Kiss

Ann-Marie and Angel
darwinsmom (Chris)
GURU

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 10:47:50 AM »

I'm so sorry. There just aren't words.

((((Hugs))))
Chris

Susan J
G.O.D.

Missy is a 10 year old Texan

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 10:55:45 AM »

I am so very sorry for your loss.  It sounds as though Sophia didn't suffer very long and I'm sure she knew just how very much she was loved. 
Run free at the bridge, sweet Sophia.

Thanks Del
Princess Lucy Loulou
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 11:21:57 AM »

I'm So sorry to hear of your loss of wee Sophia,  Crying sending our thoughts and prayer's to you at such a sad time  Wub
R.I.P wee Sophia run free to Rainbow bridge  angelwings
kate1064
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 01:26:06 PM »

Crying I'm so sorry to hear about Sophia.
Her last four years were wonderful with a loving family, she couldn't have asked for more  Hug

I know how you feel losing a little friend, she will always be in your heart  Wub
Annie36
G.O.D.

Mommy's little boy

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 01:50:51 PM »

I am so sorry comfort

Little Bella (Kathy)
NOVICE

Gotta luv me!

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 02:35:42 PM »

My heart and tears go out to you with the loss of Sophia.  It doesn't take but a short time for  fluff fluff  to make their imprint on our lives.  Please remember the good times you had with her as you really did make her life wonderful.  We'll keep you in our prayers.  Kathy

MattiesMom (MaryEllen)
SassySue and MattieMay
GURU

SassySue and MattieMay

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 02:54:22 PM »

sad  So very sorry!  There are no words.  Just know that everyone here shares your pain and understands what you feel.   Sophia is safe and comfortable, young and free again.  God bless all of our babies waiting patiently for us at the bridge.   Hug MaryEllen

SuperMax (Susan)
Washington, USA
Global Moderator
Super G.O.D.

Buddy & My Angel Max

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 03:41:45 PM »

So sorry to hear this Kristin.  Crying  May sweet Sophia rest in peace.   closedeyes

Alison
Super G.O.D.

Abby ( South Wales )

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 03:57:07 PM »

I'm so sorry you lost your little one.You must be heartbroken.She was lucky to have you looking after her so well the last few years   comfort Alison

nzbyrd
G.O.D.

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 04:56:31 PM »

So sorry for your loss Crying

lorraine (Lorraine)
GURU

Bichons are Best, Ella & Gabby are white diamonds!

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 07:16:09 PM »

I feel so sad for you, it must be a dreadful shock.  flowers

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: